Air Purification Service Fort Lauderdale, FL
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you may be experiencing poor Indoor Air Quality!
- Do you have concerns about your air quality in your home or business?
- Are you experiencing mildew or unpleasant odors from the Air Vents?
- Do your A/C vents look dirty and moldy?
- Do your allergies bother you when the A/C system is on?
We offer a number of products that can get rid of your indoor air quality problems (IAQ). They include:
- Indoor air health test to identify any IAQ present or potential problems.
- Ultraviolet Light Purifiers
- Guardian Remi® Air Purifiers
- Custom size Air Filters for your A/C system
- Electronic Air Cleaners
- Media High Efficiency Filters
Why is Indoor Air Quality important?
– Most Americans spend up to 90% of their time indoors and many spend most of their working hours in an office environment. Studies conducted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and others show that indoor environments sometimes can have levels of pollutants that are actually higher than levels found outside.
Common indoor pollutants are
- Dust mites. They can trigger allergy and asthma attacks. Dust mites are everywhere especially on pillows, blankets, carpets, upholstered furniture, and stuffed toys. Construction and drywall dust collected in your ducts can also cause irritation or allergies.
- Mold. Bathrooms and air conditioning ducts are a common source of mold. Humidity can cause moisture problems, which will lead to mold growth. Mold can cause allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- Pet Dander and Hair. Pet dander can get trapped in the air conditioning coil, due to poor filtration, and cause algae growth or bad odors. In addition it can clog-up the coil and cause it to freeze.
- Odors. Odors can be generated from dirty air conditioning coils, dirty filters or dirty ducts. Poor ventilation can also cause bad odors. Common room fresheners neutralize the odors but do not eliminate them at the source.
Is your filter doing a good job cleaning the air?
– Depends on what kind of filter you have and how often you change it. Filter efficiency is expressed in Merv ratings. The higher the rating the better the filtration.
- A basic blue 1 inch filter that you replace every month can trap only 20-30% of airborne pollutants in your air.
- A better quality filter such as pleated or dust-lock can trap up to 80% of airborne pollutants.
- Higher efficiency filters such as media or electronic can trap or eliminate up to 98% of airborne pollutants and require less maintenance.
Can the air conditioning make your allergies worse?
– If you suffer from allergies or your house feels stuffy the problem may be bacteria and pollutants growing in your air conditioner or duct system.
How about unwanted odors how can they go away?
– If you experience unwanted odors in your building the problem the problem may be mildew, mold or bacteria growth in your system. Dirty coils are humid and dark and can be perfect environment for all of the above pollutants to grow.
Why is your space so humid and sticky?
– If you find your building is too humid the problem may be improper ventilation or insufficient dehumidification. You may not have an exhaust in the bathroom or kitchen or if you live in a high-rise building you may have too much exhaust air leaving your space. Proper ventilation is key to keeping the humidity under control. In addition installing a dehumidistat or dehumidifier can help control the humidity in your space.
How does UV light work?
UV light installed inside your system is perfectly safe since you cannot see it. A UV light kills airborne pollutants as they go through the air conditioning system. It does that by attacking them with the high intensity UV and destroying their DNA. That means you’ll be breathing cleaner and fresher air. In addition the UV light system prevents algae from growing in the air conditioning coil and drain line.
If you have more questions or would like to schedule a free inspection call us at 800-454-0987. We will be happy to assist you.
We service all Broward, Miami and Palm Beach counties.