Why is it important to hire the right AC contractor for your home?
Repairing or replacing your air conditioning system can be stressful. Sometimes it happens when you least expect it. There are a lot of concerns about who to hire, such as are they professional, honest, fair, will they show up on time, will they guarantee their work, etc.? We, at A STAR Air Conditioning, understand those concerns very well. We are also homeowners and we have been in your shoes. Hiring the right company can make a lot of difference in the end result. Before you contact an AC contractor you should look for some basic but important credentials:
- Are they state-licensed and insured?
- Do they have a physical location or operate out of their truck?
- Are they members of the BBB and do they have a good rating?
- Are they open 7 days a week in case there’s a problem on the weekend?
- Do they offer a minimum of 1-year warranty on all their repairs?
- Can they provide references and independent reviews from their customers?
A STAR Air Conditioning meets the above credentials and much more:
- We are a BBB-accredited member with an A Rating
- We are an FPL Participating contractor
- We are licensed and insured up to $1,000,000 or more if required
- We handle a variety of projects, from as small as $100 all the way to $100,000
- We use shoe covers and treat your home with respect
- We employee honest technicians and check their criminal background
- We can handle special and new construction projects
Our products line includes a variety of brands that you can choose from:
- Split systems. (The Air Handler coil is located inside in a closet or attic and the compressor is located outdoors.)
- Water Source Heat Pumps. (These systems are normally found in condominium buildings and are cooled by water towers)
- Package Units. (These systems are located outside entirely and can be installed on the ground or on the side of the house)
- Ductless Mini Splits. (These systems require no ductwork and can be installed on the wall or ceiling.)
- VRV Mini Split Multi Systems (These systems can be ducted or ductless and can handle up to 8 rooms)
- Gas Furnaces. (These systems use natural gas to produce heat.)
- Pool Heaters. (Gas or electric)
- Duct work Repair and Replacement
- Duct Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Energy Saving Preventative Maintenance for your A/C system
- Exhaust Systems for the Attic, Kitchen or Bathroom
- Filtration Systems
- Thermostats Wired, Wireless, Programmable (Honeywell, Nest, White Rogers, etc.)
- Ultraviolet Purification Systems
“To repair or to replace?” that is the question
-Repairing or replacing your system depends on a few factors:
- Age of the system
- Condition of the system
- Efficiency of the system
- How long you plan to stay in your building
- Your financial budget
- Nature of the repair
- Your comfort preferences
Ductwork? Do you need to be concerned?
-If your system is a central system than it distributes the air through the duct system. Leaky duct systems can decrease the efficiency of your system up to 30% or more and cost you hundreds of dollars in electric bills. Leaky ducts can also bring in hot air and dust into the conditioned space. If you are replacing your central air conditioning system it is recommended that you have your air ducts checked and if needed repaired or cleaned.
-FPL is dedicated to help its customers save money on energy more energy efficient, by offering rebates towards the update of old air conditioning systems and leaky or damaged air ducts. Rebates vary based on the size of the system and the efficiency rating. They start at $80 and go all the way up to $2,000. (Most systems qualify). Our company has partnered with FPL as an independent participating contractor, and can offer you these rebates when you decide to replace your A/C system or Ductwork.
If you have more questions and you need to speak to an associate, call us at 800-454-0987. We will be happy to assist you. We service all Broward, Miami and Palm Beach counties.ac filters, AC maintenance, Broward, Broward ac company, Broward Air Conditioning company, central ac replacement, central air, dehumidifier, dehumidistat, ductless ac systems, ductwork, efficiency, Fort Lauderdale ac contractor, Honeywell thermostat, Miami ac company, Nest Learning Thermostat, new construction ac company, reliable a/c service, Residential air conditioning, warranty